The Multi-Time Frame (MTF) Supertrend indicator for Metatrader 4 is an enhanced signals dashboard version of the classic Supertrend indicator.
The MTF Supertrend indicator version displays a buy/sell signals dashboard in the upper left corner of the main chart.
From the indicator’s inputs, time frames can be turned OFF and ON.
After you download and install the indicator on the MT4 trading platform, it should look like exactly the image shown below.
- Buy/sell trading signals
- Solely based on the Supertrend indicator
- Multi-time frame analysis
- Well worth adding to your indicator collection
This indicator can work together with any existing trading strategy or system as a simple buy/sell entry confirmation tool.
Indicator Example Chart
The USD/CHF 30-minute chart below shows the Supertrend MTF Forex indicator in action.
Basic Trading Signals
Signals from the Multi-time frame (MTF) Supertrend indicator for Metatrader 4 are easy to interpret and work as follows:
- A strong buy signal is given when all time frames display ‘UP”.
- Place stop loss below the previous swing low level.
- Exit the buy trade at a fixed take profit target or wait for an opposite trading signal.
- A strong sell signal is given when all time frames display ‘DOWN”.
- Place stop loss above the previous swing high level.
- Exit the sell trade at a fixed take profit target or wait for an opposite trading signal.
Download This Forex Indicator
Adjustable Parameters & Settings
ATR multiplier, ATR period, ATR maximum bars, candle shift, enable time frames (M1 – MN1), mobile alerts, email alerts, pop-up alerts, arrow code
Feel free to explore the indicator’s different parameters and settings to create your own personalized indicator setup.
More Info About This Indicator
Currency Pairs: works on any currency pair
Trading Platform: developed for Metatrader 4 (MT4)
Time Frames: works on any time frame
Indicator Type: trading signals
How to install the Multi-time Frame Supertrend indicator in Metatrader 4?
- Copy and paste the Supertrend Multi-Timeframe.ex4 indicator into the MQL4 indicators folder.
- You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
- File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Indicators (paste here)
How to remove the indicator from the chart?
- Right click on the chart
- Select indicators list
- Click on the indicator’s name
- Click on the delete button