The Moving Average Signal Trigger MT4 indicator is trend-following in nature and consists of 4 moving average lines set at different periods.
The 4 lines placed together on a chart form a typical crossover buy and sell trading system.
A bullish trend occurs if (look to buy):
- The light pink MA line is positioned below the light blue MA line and…
- The green MA line is positioned above the light blue MA line and the light pink MA and…
- The blue MA is positioned above the green, light blue and light pink MA lines
A bearish trend occurs if (look to sell):
- The light pink MA line is positioned above the light blue MA line and…
- The green MA line is positioned below the light blue MA line and the light pink MA and…
- The blue MA is positioned below the green, light blue and light pink MA lines
This forex indicator is beginner friendly and can be used for any trading style.
The EUR/USD/ H1 chart below displays the Moving Average Signal Trigger forex indicator in action.
Basic Trading Signals
See description above for more information on how to trade this forex indicator correctly.
MT4 Indicator Characteristics
Currency pairs: Any
Platform: Metatrader 4
Type: chart pattern
Customization options: Variable (slowPeriod, Mainperiod, TrendOverPeriod) Colors, width & Style.
Time frames: 1-Minute, 5-Minutes, 15-Minutes, 30-Minutes, 1-Hour, 4-Hours, 1-Day, 1-Week, 1-Month
Copy and paste the ma-trigger.mq4 indicator into the MQL4 indicators folder of the Metatrader 4 trading platform.
You can access this folder from the top menu as follows:
File > Open Data Folder > MQL4 > Indicators (paste here)